Monday, January 12, 2015

Part II Wyoming RoundUp ~ Jackson Hole

 
 

Jackson Hole
I led the first climb and felt great on the low angle terrain.  I was caught by Jason, Tom and Marshall on the icy, tricky steep skin through the woods.  Max Taam came into the picture after the 1st descent.  He passed me for the final time on the 4,000' descent (top to bottom JH).  Max proceeded to pass Jason Dorais.  He came from behind and missed the W by 5 seconds to Tom Goth.
 
Excited to travel to Verbier, Switzerland and race with Team USA. 
 
Men's Top 8 Qualifiers 
Jon Gaston
Tom Goth
Jason Dorais (Scarpa)
Scott Simmons (Scarpa)
Max Taam (Scarpa)
Marshall Thomson
Eric Carter
Jon Brown (Scarpa)
 
Its no coincidence that half of the top 8 were skiing Aliens.  Look for the new Alien 2.0 coming to a race near you soon! 
 

Stevie Kremer
1st Place
 
Working hard for Scarpa
 
Thanks to Tailwind for fueling me and Pine Needle Mountaineering for keeping my skis race ready! 
All the support helped me finish 3rd overall at the Roundup. 
 
Photo Credits
Mark Gocke
Joe Risi
Jason Dorais
Wild Snow