Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Powderhorn, CO ~ Divine Incline

My wife, Holly decides to join the action.
Starting Line
Off again.... Tom Goth gets the hole-shot and sets a blistering pace off the line.  Marshall Thomson and Brian Smith joined him and pulled away.  Jon Brown, Max Taam and myself were close behind trying to close the gap.  Max and I were battling back and forth until I missed a turn as I was "burying" myself trying to put a gap on him.  When I finally realized I was off course and got turned around, Max was out of sight.  The red flags marking the final descent were a welcome sight after miles of traversing across the top of the Grand Mesa.   I finished in 5th place.  Jon Brown also took a wrong turn and dropped out of the top 5.    

Tom Goth rocking the Fluorescent Flame skinsuit. 
 
Mens Top Ten
1.  Brian Smith
2.  Marshall Thomson
3.  Tom Goth
4.  Max Taam
5.  Scott Simmons
6.  Jan Koles
7.  Pete Swenson
8.  Billy Laird
9.  Jon Brown
10.  Gregory Stokes
 
Woman's Top Five
1.  Stevie Kremer
2.  Sari Anderson
3.  Lindsey Plant
4.  Jamie Hozack
5.  Elaine Vardmis